DISABLED/DISPLACED SCHOLARSHIPS FROM SCHOOL TUITION ORGANIZATIONS
Students interested in receiving educational scholarships for disabled or displaced students must contact a School Tuition Organization to determine the student’s eligibility and to obtain a scholarship application.
View list of certified organizations
Please direct all questions regarding the disabled/displaced scholarship to the School Tuition Organizations.
Disabled/Displaced Student Scholarship Program
School Tuition Organizations that receive corporate contributions can provide educational scholarships for qualified disabled and displaced students to attend a qualified Arizona private school (A.R.S. §43-1505).
A qualified disabled/displaced student is a student who has been either:
1. Identified as having a disability under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act or identified at any time by a school district as a child with a disability as defined in § 15-761 or a child with a disability who is eligible to receive services from a school district under § 15-763, OR
2. Placed in foster care in Arizona pursuant to A.R.S. Title 8, Chapter 5 at any time before the student graduates from high school or obtains a general equivalency diploma.
Disabled/Displaced Scholarship Prerequisites
Student must meet ONE of the following prerequisites:
• Student has a MET or IEP from an Arizona public school (for preschool and grades K-12), OR
• Student has a 504 plan from an Arizona public school (for grades K-12 only), OR
• Student was placed at one time in the Arizona foster care system (for grades K-12 only and will be verified with the Arizona Department of Economic Security)
For questions regarding Empowerment Scholarship Accounts which are administered by the Arizona Department of Education (ADE), please visit the ADE website (http://www.azed.gov/esa/).