In this area, you will find topics regarding Decisions, Rulings, Procedures, and Private Taxpayer Rulings from the Arizona Department of Revenue:
- Decisions from the Arizona Department of Revenue Hearing Office and the Director’s Office
- Private Taxpayer Rulings/Taxpayer Information Rulings - the department's interpretation of the law or rules only as they apply to the taxpayer and facts contained in the request
- Tax Procedure - provides procedural guidance to the general public to assist in the implementation of tax laws, administrative rules, and tax rulings
- Tax Rulings - written statement of the Arizona Department of Revenue's position interpreting the Arizona tax law and applying the law to a specific set of facts or a particular tax situation
- Draft Documents - In an ongoing effort to interact with and inform the public regarding issues relating to taxation, we would appreciate your written comments on these drafts. We will review all comments that are received by the noted due dates and make any appropriate revisions before issuing the final documents. For your convenience, you may submit your comments using the contact information provided on the cover page for each draft document
- Conformity to IRC Each year the Arizona legislature considers whether to amend Arizona Revised Statutes § 43-105 to conform to changes made to the Internal Revenue Code during the prior year. On February 14, 2011, the Governor signed House Bill 2008 which conformed to the definition of federal adjusted gross income including federal changes made during 2010 and did not add any new non-conformity additions or subtractions. However, all of the additions and subtractions created for non-conformity purposes for 2009 as well as prior non-conformity adjustments for issues such as bonus depreciation or the increased § 179 expenses are still in place.