Free Tax Return Preparation for You by Volunteers
AARP Tax-Aide offers free assistance for electronically filing federal and Arizona state returns.
Visit the AARP Tax-Aide website for more information.
Arizona Free File Alliance - Free Electronic Filing for Individuals
Each year the Arizona Department of Revenue provides opportunities for taxpayers to file their federal and Arizona Individual Income Tax returns electronically at no cost.
The Arizona Free File Alliance is an agreement between the Arizona Department of Revenue and several software companies to provide free online services for qualified Arizona taxpayer. Any software company may participate in the alliance. Each company determines its own free filing offer.
- Begin your Arizona Free File return here on azdor.gov or you may be charged a fee or asked to buy additional products and services.
- The links listed below will allow you to create and file both your federal and state tax returns.
- Software questions.
ARIZONA Free File offers:
- 1040Now offers FREE e-filing of Federal and Arizona returns when your AGI is less than $32,000. Read more...
- average1040.com offers FREE e-filing of Federal and Arizona returns when your AGI is less than $3,500. $9.82 if you do not qualify. State Only returns are available. Read more...
- Liberty Tax Service eSmart FFA
- Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $58,000 or less; and
- Age 18 to 54 (inclusive) Read more...
- H&R Block At Home Free federal and state online tax return preparation and e-file if you meet the following criteria: Adjusted gross income is $57,000 or less and Age is 52 or younger. Read More...
- Intuit TurboTax Freedom Edition Free federal and state returns if your adjusted gross income is $30,000 or less, or you are active duty military with an adjusted gross income of $58,000 or less (including Reservists and National Guard), or you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit. Tax extensions are free. Read more..
- Online Taxes at OLT.com Online Taxes at OLT.com would like to offer free federal and free state online tax preparation and e-filing if your Federal Adjusted Gross Income is between $13,000 and $58,000 regardless of age. Read more...
- TAXACT Offer for Free Federal and Arizona Return: Adjusted gross income (AGI) is $52,000 or less and you are age 18 through 57 years old.
- TaxSlayer.com Free File Offer for TY 2013
TaxSlayer.com is a full featured online tax filing system that has been used by millions of taxpayers to securely and accurately file their taxes. We are proud to offer the most comprehensive free file program available which allows taxpayers to file BOTH State and Federal tax returns for FREE. Taxpayers are eligible for free filing if they meet the following requirement: their Federal AGI is less than $30,000. Please note, state return is free only when accompanying a qualified free Federal tax return.
For those who do not qualify for free tax filing, you can file your Federal tax return for a single price of $9.95. Please go to: taxslayer.com Read more...
Alternatives to E-File - Arizona Individual Income Tax Forms Packages
The Arizona Department of Revenue offers six updated fillable forms packages.
* These packages are designed so that you fill in the data, it does the math!
* Each package contains a individual income tax form as well as commonly
used credit forms and allowable schedule(s) that go with the form.
* This process is interactive and enables you to complete your return on your computer.
* With these fillable forms, you will experience some of the same benefits as e-file,
such as faster refunds and a safe filing process, all without needing Internet access.
* The information you enter on the forms can only be accessed by you.
IMPORTANT – Please read!
- Unpredictable results may occur if you use any browser other than Internet Explorer.
- Users of alternate web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc), please click here.
Fillable forms are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher for viewing.
To download Acrobat Reader, visit Adobe's web site. If you have the Acrobat Reader open, click "Help", then "Check for Updates".
- Attention Apple users: Please ensure that you are using Adobe Reader as your default PDF reader. Mac computers typically open PDFs in Preview, which does NOT support the dynamic content fields used on our fillable forms. The calculations for the form will not run properly in Preview. eHow.com has a great article on how to default to Acrobat Reader vs Preview.
- Error Message "bad encrypt dictionary": if you receive this error, please get the latest updates for Acrobat Reader.
- All forms are fillable when available. All forms are downloaded to your system and then completed and printed or printed and completed by hand.
- Most fillable forms can be saved with data for users of Acrobat 8 and higher versions.
- For information on what is required for a Power of Attorney, please refer to General Tax Procedure GTP 95-2.